SAVING AT HOME CHANGES NAME TO "SAVE - AUTONOMOUS" - THE NEW "BONUS" WORKS
Source: TA NEA newspaper
Saving at Home changes its name to "Saving - Autonomous" signaling the expansion of household spending in order to upgrade their homes.
The new program will be announced in the fall, without ruling out going on the air even in September, while its budget has not yet been locked.
The information says that it will range between 350 and 500 million euros.
In a statement, the Deputy Minister of Environment and Energy, Gerasimos Thomas, describes the main changes in the action.
The purpose is to finance about 60,000 homes and among the new features of the "package" for energy facilitation are:
1. The expansion of income limits, in order to benefit more middle-income households from subsidizing or borrowing.
2. In addition to the standard interventions that will be subsidized
replacement of windows
cooling - heating systems
the following costs are added:
smart home management systems
power generation systems from RES - photovoltaic
electric chargers for powering electric cars
storage systems (batteries)
3. Bonus with increase of the aid to those who proceed with the construction works of their houses that will lead them to the highest scales of low energy consumption.
Grants that can reach up to 85% of the work for specific construction and electromechanical interventions to achieve energy savings and autonomy are given by the new program.
The "door" of 45,000 - 60,000 citizens who want to renovate their homes in order to achieve energy savings and autonomy is opened by the "Save - Autonomy" program.
It provides high subsidies that can reach up to 85% of the cost for specific construction and electromechanical interventions. In addition, it enables the participation of almost all homeowners as they relax the income criteria.
It is typical that even families with an income of 120,000 euros can apply.
The specific action, which is an evolution of the "Home Savings" budget of 850 million euros, will run gradually from November 2, depending on the region.
The subsidy rates, the eligible expenses but also the income criteria in order to participate are more favorable compared to the previous programs.
The main points of the implementation guide were presented during yesterday's press conference by the Minister of Environment and Energy Kostis Hatzidakis, the Deputy Minister of Development and Investment Giannis Tsakiris, the General Secretary of Energy Alexandra Sdoukou and the president of the Hellenic Development Bank.
Kostis Hatzidakis, noted that from 2021 the program will be continuously open, announcing the allocation of more funds from the Recovery Fund and the new NSRF.
Eligible residences are the detached house, the apartment building, as well as the individual apartment.
A residence, in order to be considered eligible, must meet the following general conditions:
n It is used as the main residence, as shown by the data of the income tax return (E1) of the person who uses it.
n Exists legally.
n It has been classified based on the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) in a category lower than or equal to C.
n Not deemed to be demolishable.
The maximum amount of expenses that can be subsidized has been increased to 50,000 from 25,000 euros that were in the previous programs "Saving at Home", while the owner with more than one house is given the opportunity to submit more applications. The total budget of the projects that can be financed amounts to 100,000 euros.
Incentives - Subsidies
The new program maintains the philosophy of subsidies with their amount being determined according to the size of income.
As shown in the table, there are five income categories. The one with the lowest income corresponds to the highest subsidy rate of 65%.
This declines as incomes rise to 35% for high-income individuals.
In "Saving - Autonomous" two additional subsidies are introduced as a bonus:
1 Covid-19 premium.
Due to the unforeseen situation that has arisen with the coronavirus Covid-19 and the difficulties that have arisen from the implementation of the measures horizontally in the country to limit its spread, an additional + 10% is added for the applications that will be submitted in the years 2020-2021 .
2 For the individual apartments and houses of energy category H and Z, an additional 10% is added to the basic grant percentage, if an upgrade to B energy category is achieved.
Block of flats
A separate category are the apartment buildings in "Ekoikonomo - Autonomo". There are two types of applications:
• Type A submitted by a representative of the apartment building and linked to individual applications for individual apartments without including shared energy upgrades.
For this category the subsidy rates are horizontal for all owners 60%, regardless of the amount of income and the above two bonuses can be added (10% plus 10%).
• Type B which includes only independent interventions to upgrade the common areas of an apartment building, without, that is, including interventions in the apartments.
For this category the subsidies are again 60% but only the Covid-19 Premium is provided.
The eligible communal interventions of the apartment buildings are the upgrade of the elevator in order to meet the certification requirements and the mandatory installation of an inverter to reduce their energy footprint.
Lighting upgrades are also included.
The maximum eligible budget for communal interventions in apartment buildings reaches 80,000 euros.
And jobs that provide homes with energy autonomy
"Saving - Autonomous", in addition to the classic work - replacement of windows, thermal insulation, upgrading of heating - cooling system -, includes specifics that provide homes with energy autonomy.
In detail, all eligible costs are:
• Mandatory recycling or disposal of existing windows in legally operating material disposal sites (replace - recycle).
• Possibility of replacing glass in buildings of protected or of historical value or special architecture.
Installation / replacement of shell heat cover
Upgrading of heating - cooling system
• The dismantling of oil burners and related tanks is also considered an eligible intervention.
• Eligibility for oil burners is removed.
• Eligibility for energy fireplaces in Athens and Thessaloniki is abolished.
Hot water system using RES
• Mandatory installation in cases where there is no DHW system installed.
Energy autonomy interventions
1. RES power generation systems
• Eligible only if the house is upgraded, with the main energy saving interventions, to an energy category of at least B +.
• Eligible intervention is the installation of a photovoltaic station only to meet the demand (net metering).
2. Storage systems
• Eligible only as an additional intervention in the installation of a new photovoltaic station.
3. Charging infrastructures for electric vehicles
• CE Certified.
• Only devices that are suitable, according to ELOT EN standards, and are intended for charging electric vehicles in a home environment, are eligible.
Interventions of "smart" systems (smart home)
Digital systems and technologies that contribute to energy savings
a) "Smart" lighting (eg "smart" sockets, low consumption LED lighting).
b) "Intelligent" management of the heating / cooling system (eg "smart" thermostats).
c) Remote control (eg "smart" leak sensors, humidity, etc.).